Sakinah Society Board is elected from its membership. The Sakinah Society Board collaborates with MEF and the school administration in the following areas:
• student registration process, which ensures that the expectations of interested families are in agreement with the program objectives and philosophy;
• supports initiatives and activities to enhance learning at Sakinah Circle (such as, the development of teaching resources based on the Qur’anic worldview, morning assembly, teaching of the fundamentals of Islam, Sakinah-oriented field trips, purchase of library books, outdoor learning amenities, etc.);
• organization of parent gatherings in consultation with the school administration;
• special Sakinah Circle events (e.g., Eid celebration, field trips, grade-six graduation ceremony, community service projects, etc.);
• brings parent concerns to the attention of the school administration; and
• communicates information about Sakinah Circle events and activities to parents.
Election of 2022-23 Board Members for the Sakinah Society (November 8, 2022)
Consider becoming a member of the Sakinah Society Board for the 2022-23 school year. Details to come soon.